CHAI APPLE CRUMBLE
Chai Apple Crumble is maybe the best chai recipe so far. I don’t have words to justify just how yummy this stuff is. It has the perfect balance of sweet and sour. Moist and juicy chai apples topped with a sweet and crunchy crumble.
This recipe is perfect for winter and spring, it is warming, delicious and is a lovely dessert for gatherings. But don’t expect to be taking any leftovers home.
I cannot lie, this isn’t the healthiest meal, but it sure is the yummiest. The chai adds a wonderful aromatic flavour to a traditional apple crumble. It’s just more flavour!
Another recipe by the mother of chai and master of recipes; Naomi Rae. Everything she cooks gives you that warm tummy feeling. Like you’re safe and protected. Or wearing flannel pyjamas with fluffy slippers. The stuff you feel when you’re a happy kid.
Mum uses Granny Smith apples for all her baking, she loves that the sour taste cuts through any sickly sweetness. However, you can make this recipe with any apples you have lying around and I promise it will still be super tasty.
The recipe is simple, requiring only 1 bowl to prepare and has easy instructions. There isn’t much room for failure here, as long as you keep an eye on the oven.
Many of the recipes we post will happen to be vegan and dairy free, It is just how we cook at home. Don’t worry, you aren’t missing out on any flavours, everything still tastes 100% delicious. Alternatively, if you are a die-hard dairy lover, you can always replace the coconut oil with butter. But trust me, it isn’t necessary.
- Vegan and dairy free
- Simple instructions and ingredients
- Serve hot (still tastes delicious cold and days old)
- Popular sides include cream and vanilla ice-cream
Chai Apple Crumble
- chopping board
- measuring cup
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl
- oven dish
- 5 granny smith apples large
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 45 ml Liquid Chai
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups oats whole
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Peel apples, core and cut into inch cubes. Place into a large bowl
- Squeeze the lemon over the apples. Add Liquid Chai and brown sugar
- Spread the apple mix over the base of oven dish evenly
- Melt the coconut oil
- Mix all the dry 'crumble' ingredients in a large bowl with a wooden spoon. Next add the coconut oil and stir until you wet all the ingredients
- Flake the crumble on top of the apples
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until golden
- Serve hot. Delicious